NDA and NA II 2022 Notification, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Counselling National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination II 2022 or NDA and NA II 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to NDA and NA Examination. NDA …
NDA and NA II 2022 Notification, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Counselling
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination II 2022 or NDA and NA II 2022 is the entrance examination for admission to NDA and NA Examination. NDA and NA II 2022 is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
NDA and NA II for the year 2022 has been announced by Union Public Service Commission and will be held on 04/09/2022. The application forms will be available from 18/05/2022 till 14/06/2022. The exam is in written mode. It is being conducted in English and Hindi languages. The result date will be announced later.
NDA and NA II 2022 Conducting Body
NDA and NA II 2022 Conducting Body
Union Public Service Commission
NDA and NA II 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii) and (iv) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2022.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
NDA and NA II 2022 Important Dates
|Events||Start Date||Last Date|
|Application Form||18/05/2022||14/06/2022 11:55 pm|
|NDA and NA II 2022 Exam Date||Offline Dates|
NDA and NA II 2022 Application Form
Application Form Filling Instructions
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates are required to apply online n Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website
- The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned of this Examination Notice
- Candidate should have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB..
- Candidates of NDA& NA Examination (I) 2022 who intend to apply for NDA& NA (II) Examination 2022 should note that their photograph, signature, choice of Centre & Photo ID as per NDA & NA (II) 2022 application will be utilised for the purpose of allotment of centre and future referencing and they are advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination. They should also note that any variation in photograph/signature/date of birth in two applications may entail cancellation of candidature for either of the two examinations or both. Such common candidates are required to indicate their unique RID of NDA&NA Examination (I) 2022 in the application form for NDA&NA Examination (II) 2022. The unique RID for NDA&NA Examination (I) 2022 was provided to each of them after submission of application for the examination earlier.
- The candidates should also note that no addition/deletion/any changes are allowed in online application form in the NDA & NA Examination in any circumstances once it is submitted.
NDA and NA II 2022 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline Exam|
NDA Syllabus 2022- Overview
Check the important points of the NDA 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern in the table below.
|Name of the Exam||National Defence Academy (NDA)|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission, UPSC.|
|Frequency Of Exam||Twice in a Year (April & September 2022)|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Papers in NDA Exam|
|Total No. of Questions|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours For Each Paper (5 hours total)|
|Language of Question Paper||English & Hindi English Language paper has to be attempted in English.|
NDA Exam Pattern 2022
Before getting into the NDA Syllabus let us have a look at the NDA Exam Pattern. The mathematics paper has 120 questions of 300 marks and GAT will have English and GK Papers of 200 & 400 marks respectively.
NDA Mathematics Exam Pattern
|Paper I- Mathematics|
|Total Marks||300 Marks|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
|Marks awarded for Correct answer||2.5 marks|
|Marks deducted for the wrong answer||-0.83|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
General Ability Test Exam Pattern
|Paper-II- General Ability Test|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
|No. of questions in English Section||50|
|No. Of questions in General knowledge Section||100|
|Maximum Marks for English||200 marks|
|Maximum Marks for G.K.||400 marks|
|Marks for Correct Answer||4 marks in both sections|
|Marks for Incorrect Answer||-1.33 marks in both sections|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
NDA Exam Pattern for SSB Interview
After clearing the written exam of NDA, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview rounds. The pattern of NDA Interview is as mentioned below:
|NDA – SSB Interview Pattern|
|Stage 1||Screening Test|
|Stage 2||Psychological Test|
|Group Testing Officers Test|
|Personal Interview & conference||–|
NDA Syllabus 2022
After getting to know the NDA Exam Pattern it is important for the candidates to know the Syllabus of NDA Exam. The NDA Syllabus is discussed below.
NDA Mathematics Syllabus
The chapters covered for NDA Maths Syllabus are given in the table below.
|Algebra||Sets, Venn diagrams, De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Real numbers, Complex numbers, Modulus, Cube roots, Conversion of a number in Binary system to Decimals, and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations, Linear inequations, Permutation and Combination, Binomial theorem, and Logarithms.|
|Calculus||Concept of a real-valued function, domain, range, and graph of a function. Composite functions, one-to-one, onto, and inverse functions. The notion of limit, Standard limits, Continuity of functions, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative-application. Derivatives of sum, product, and quotient of functions, a derivative of a function concerning another function, the derivative of a composite function. Second-order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima|
|Matrices and Determinants||Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.|
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations||Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential, and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves—applications.Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of differential equations, solution of the first order, and first-degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.|
|Trigonometry||Angles and their measures in degrees and radians. Trigonometric ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.|
|Vector Algebra||Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude, and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, the addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product, or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.|
|Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimension||Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. The angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and a general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. The angle between two lines and the angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.|
|Statistics and Probability||Probability: Random experiment, outcomes, and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary, and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical—examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binomial distribution.|
The topic-wise question distribution in Maths
|Matrices & Determinants||30|
NDA General Ability Test Syllabus
The General ability test comprises two papers English and General Knowledge. The English paper consists of 200 Marks while the General Knowledge is of 400 Marks.
NDA Syllabus- English
The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English. The syllabus covers various aspects like as given below:
|Topic||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|Ordering of Words in a Sentence||9||36|
NDA Syllabus- General Knowledge
Check the topic-wise number of questions and marks distribution in the table below.
|Topic||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|History & Freedom Movement||16||64|
NDA Syllabus- Physics
|NDA Syllabus For Physics|
NDA Syllabus- Chemistry
|NDA Syllabus For Chemistry|
NDA Syllabus- General Science
|NDA Syllabus For General Science|
NDA Syllabus- History, Freedom Movement
|NDA Syllabus For History|
NDA Syllabus- Geography
|NDA Syllabus For Geography|
|NDA Syllabus For Current Events|
|Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in recent yearsProminent personalities of both Indian and International level, Cultural activities and sports activities, Current important world events.|
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stages. Only those candidates who clear written exam are permitted to appear for SSB round. The details o SSB exam are given below:
|NDA SSB Personality Test|
The various tests of IO, GTO, and Psychological are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly, candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.