NEET-UG| Notifications, Highlights, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Results
NEET (UG) 2021 Notification
The NTA NEET notification including the NEET 2021 schedule, details for online registration, revised exam pattern, the syllabus has been released on the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in on July 13, 2021. The candidates can download the NTA NEET Notification 2021 from the website or can directly download it from the direct link below.
NEET 2021 Exam Date
National Testing Agency (NTA) has recently released the NTA NEET Exam Date 2021. As per the notification, the NTA NEET 2021 Exam is scheduled to be conducted scheduled on September 12, 2021, for which the city intimation and admit card will be published on the website on the dates mentioned. Check NEET 2021 Important Dates from the below table.
|Events||NEET 2021 Dates|
|Online application form availability||July 13, 2021|
|Last date for the submission of application form||August 06, 2021 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Last date to deposit the application fee||August 07, 2021 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in application form||August 08 to August 12, 2021|
|Announcement of City of Examination||August 20, 2021|
|Download NEET Admit Card||To be released 3 days before the examination|
|NEET Exam Date 2021||September 12, 2021 (Sunday) (2 PM to 5 PM)|
|Display of OMR & Answer Key||To be notified|
|Declaration of Results||To be notified|
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET for admission to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, and other medical/paramedical courses in India. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the sole entrance test for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in India.
NEET is conducted once a year in offline mode. Approximately 16 lakh test-takers are expected to appear for the exam. The scores of NEET UG 2021 will be used for BSc Nursing and Life Sciences Admissions.
The number of NEET 2021 exam centre cities has also been increased from 155 to 202, which includes two international cities, Dubai and Kuwait. NTA stated, “In order to facilitate the Indian students based in the Middle-East Countries to appear the NEET (UG)-2021, it has been decided to add DUBAI as an Exam City for this exam in addition to Kuwait City.” Candidates planning to opt for Dubai as exam city could do so from July 23, 5 pm onwards. Those who had already submitted their application form can edit the exam city preference during the application correction window. On July 30, NTA had released a notification stating that based on the decision made by the Government of India, there would be 27 per cent OBC reservation (Non-Creamy Layer) and 10 per cent EWS reservation in 15 per cent All India Quota seats for MBBS/BDS (contributed by the State/UTs to the Central Pool). This reservation will take effect from the current Academic session 2021-22.
NEET 2021 Highlights
The following table brings the key features and highlights of NEET 2021.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Registrations||Over 16 lakh|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Exam Cities||202|
|Papers||Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Medium of Paper||13 Languages – English, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Odiya, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi and Telugu|
|Total Number of Seats||
MBBS – 83,075
BDS – 27,285
BAMS – 52,720
BVSc & AH – 525
|NEET Helpline Numbers||011-40759000|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
The National Testing Agency has prescribed the NEET 2021 eligibility criteria. All those who wish to apply for the entrance test are advised to check if they fit into the criteria specified by NTA. Candidates who fulfil the following parameters are eligible for NEET UG 2021:
Citizens or applicants belonging to the following nationalities are eligible to apply for NEET:
- Indian Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
The age limit or age criteria for NEET candidates are as follows:
- The minimum age of a candidate as of December 31, 2021, should be 17 years
- The rule specifying the maximum age limit of the candidate was challenged last year in the court of law. Thus, there is no upper age limit as of now and candidates older than 25 years of age applying for NEET 2021 will be provisionally admitted subject to the ruling of the High Court of Delhi.
Applicants should fulfil the educational qualification mentioned below:
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent from a recognised institute
- Candidates who are appearing for Class 12 or equivalent in summer 2021 can also apply for NEET 2021
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 or equivalent from an open school are also eligible
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible
Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination:
- General category: 50 per cent
- PWD category: 45 per cent
- SC/ST/OBC: 40 percent
The NEET 2021 Syllabus is prepared on the guidelines of MCI. It contains topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from class 11th and 12th. Students must study the entire syllabus prescribed with dedication. EtoosIndia provides them with the detailed syllabus which can be checked here.
NEET Application Form Process
The application process was conducted online and candidates had to register themselves on the official website in order to fill the application form. For successful completion of the NEET 2021 application process, a candidate had to go through these four steps. To help understand the process better, the steps have been elaborated below. This year, a change was introduced in the NEET UG 2021 application procedure. According to NTA, in order to ensure that candidates submit the application information properly, the application process has been divided into two sets/phases. The first set of information had to be filled before the application deadline and the second set will have to be submitted before the declaration of the result.
How to Apply for NEET?
The step by step application process for NEET 2021 is given below:
- Visit the official website, neet.nta.nic.in and register for NEET UG 2021
- Fill all the mandatory fields in the online form, including the personal and academic details
- Upload the required documents such as scanned copies of photographs, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and Class 10 Certificate
- To complete the process, pay the stipulated fee as mentioned below
- Take a printout of the confirmation page and preserve it for future reference
NEET Application Fee
The application fee has to be paid online. It can be paid using a credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ e-challan/ UPI.
|Category||NEET Application Fee (in Rs)|
|Gen EWS/ OBC||1,400|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/||800|
What are the Documents Required to Apply for NEET?
The scanned copies of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the online application form-
|NATIONALITY||List of Documents Require|
|Indian Nationals||Aadhaar Number
Election Identity Card
Ration card number
Bank account number
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
NEET UG test paper includes multiple-choice questions (MCQ) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology No. of questions: 180
|Subject||No. of questions||Total Marks|
Total Marks: 720
Duration: 03 hours
NEET 2021 Cut-off
Medical Counselling Committee organizes NEET (UG) counseling and the candidates need to score a minimum percentage to be eligible for All India Quota Counselling.
|Category||Neet Cut off Percentile||NEET Cutoff Score*|
* Note: The Cut-off Percentile for each category remains the same every year, however, the Cut-off score will vary.
NEET Admit Card 2021
Candidates can receive Admit Card by online mode only.
- The candidate has to login on NTA’s website and downloads the Admit Card.
- An e-mail containing Admit Card PDF is sent from NTA to every candidate’s mail id.
NEET Result 2021
NEET 2021 result scorecard will display percentile and All India Rank.
- Visit www.nta.ac.in and find ‘NEET Results’
- Login with the credentials
- Click ‘Submit’
Hope you get the Complete information on the Concept of NEET-UG Exam Details – Application, Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus. For any query, you can contact us via the comment box. you can share or subscribe to our website for more information on the Other Course details.