Group IV Services/ VAO/ Notifications, Highlights, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Results
TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2021
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has announced the tentative notification date in its annual calendar 2021. As per the exam calendar, the TNPSC is going to release the Group 4 recruitment notification in the first week of September 2021 on its official website www.tnpsc.gov.in. When the notification is released officially, we will provide the direct link to download TNPSC Group 4 Notification PDF here.
If you are interested in TNPSC Group IV Vacancies, then you must go through the detailed information on TNPSC Group 4 notification, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, important dates for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment.
TNSPC Group 4 Exam Date 2021
As mentioned in the TNPSC Calendar 2021, TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2021 for Combined Civil Services Examination-IV will begin in September 2021. Check the TNPSC Group 4 important dates and mark in your calendar to not miss any update.
|TNPSC Group 4 2021 Events
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification Release Date
|TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online Starts
|Last Date to Apply
|TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card 2021
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2021
|Declaration of TNPSC Group 4 Result
Tamil Nadu Public Services Commission (TNPSC) conducts the combined civil services examination 4 (Group IV) for direct recruitment of candidates in group 4 services every year. The TNPSC Group 4 Notification 2021 is expected to be released in September 2021. The exam is conducted in an offline mode followed by document verification and final joining. The final joining is conducted by the respective departments which were assigned by the commission based on their marks. The following services are included in the TNPSC Group 4 exam:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
Check the information on Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Group 4 notification, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, important dates. The PayScale will be in Level 8 and Level 10 depending upon the post the candidates are applying for. Here is everything you need to know about the TNPSC Group IV Services 2021.
Candidates need to fulfill the below mentioned criteria to become eligible to apply online for TNPSC Group 4 Exam.
TNPSC Group 4 Highlights
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam
|Once a year
|Tamil & English
|Selection of candidates for group 4 civil services posts in Tamil Nadu
|Exam Helpdesk No.
TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
There is different educational qualification requirements for VAO, typist, steno typist grade III, field officer, junior assistant and bill collector vacancies. Please find the details below:
- VAO post: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
- Junior Assistant (security), junior assistant (Non-security), Bill collector, Grade-I field officer, Draftsmen: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
- Typist: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and the candidate should also have passed Govt Technical examination in typewriting.
- Steno-Typist (Grade – III): The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses. The candidate should also have passed Govt technical examination both in type writing and shorthand.
- Field Officer: for the recruitment to the post of field officer, other things being equal, preference should be given to the candidates who are trained in survey in industrial training institutes.
Computer Qualification (Typist and Steno typist):
Candidates should have passed the certificate course in computer on office automation awarded by technical education department for the post of Typist and Steno typist to eligible for TNPSC Group 4.
Knowledge in Tamil
Applicants should also have a knowledge of Tamil on the date of notification.
There are also different age concession for different posts, applicants should look at the age eligibility criteria before applying for the post. The candidates applying for the post should follow the below mentioned age criteria:
VAO Age limit:
- For the post of village administrative officer, the candidate should be at least 21 years of age and should be less than 30 years of age. However, for the reserved category candidates the applicants should be less than 40 years of age.
- For ex-service men, the maximum age for application is 53 if the applicant belongs to SC/ST/ MBCs, BCs or BSMs any of these categories.
- For candidate not belonging to any of the categories, the maximum age is 48 years.
Age Limit for Other Posts:
Age limit for the post of Junior Assistant, Junior Assistant (Security), Bill collector-Grade –I, Field surveyor, Draftsmen, Typist and Steno-Typist Grade –III follows as:
- For SC/ST and destitute widows of all castes, the minimum age is 18 years while the maximum age is 35 years.
- For the candidates belonging to most backward class/ de-notified communities, backward class and backward class (Muslim), the minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years.
- For the candidates not belonging to SC/ST/ MBCs /DCs, BCs and BCMs, the minimum age is 18 years while the maximum age is 30 years.
- For the persons who are trained in ITI, in respect of post of field surveyor and draftsmen should be more than 18 years and should be less than 35 years of age.
TNPSC Group 4 Apply Online 2021
TNPSC Group 4 apply online 2021: TNPSC Group 4 application form 2021 submissions will start from September 2, 2021 to the October 2, 2021. It is advisable to apply online for TNPSC Group 4 exam before the last date to avoid the last minute rush. The following is the detailed process for filling the TNPSC Group 4 application form.
TNPSC Group 4 2021 Selection Process
TNPSC Group 4 selection process includes the following steps:
- TNPSC Group 4 2021 Admit Card: The TNPSC will issue admit card to the eligible candidates who had submitted the application successfully.
- Written exam: As the first step, candidates need to appear for the written TNPSC Group 4 exam
- TNPSC Group 4 result: Based on the marks obtained by candidates in the written test, a tentative merit list is announced by TNPSC on its official website
- Certificate verification: All candidates qualifying the written test then need to upload all certificates in support of their claim for onscreen certificate verification
- TNPSC Group 4 counselling: Once the document verification process is over, candidates are called to appear for the counselling round. In TNPSC Group 4 counselling, candidates are allotted post and unit/ department based on their rank, category and number of vacancies
See here: TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
Exam Pattern for TNPSC Group 4
The TNPSC Group 4 paper has 300 questions and the duration of the exam is three hours. All the questions will be Objective type. The candidates need to score more than the minimum qualifying marks. The minimum qualifying mark is 90 for all the categories. The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.
Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test.
The latest pattern of the TNPSC Group 4 exam is as follows:
|No. of Questions
|Minimum Qualifying Marks
|Objective Type (SSLC Standard)
|General Tamil / General English
TNPSC Group 4 Application fee
|TNPSC Group 4 Registration Fee
|TNPSC Group 4 Examination Fee
Registration fee is mandatory for one time registration and its valid for 5 years. If you have one time registration details, then you just need to pay examination fee only. Applicant can made payment for exam fee by selecting online or offline mode payment options at the time of filling the TNPSC Group 4 application form 2021.
Applicants should register on the website before paying one time registration fee and then apply online for recruitment. Once registered, the application fee will be valid for 5 years.
How to Apply for TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2021
- Applicants should apply only through the online mode on the official website go www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in
- Registration is mandatory for applying to the exam, for one time registration, the candidates are required to pay a registration fee of Rs. 150 to confirm the registration. Once confirmed the registration is valid of a time period of 5 years. The applicants will be provided the registration ID and password which they should keep safely for future use.
- For applying for the registration, the candidate will also be required to upload the scanned copy of photograph, certificates and signature on the portal.
- After registering to the website or logging to the website for already registered candidates, the candidate are required to click on ‘apply online’ button and use the same user ID and password created above.
- Candidates are now required to select the name of the post of service to which they want to apply.
- Applicants are required to upload the photograph and signature as per the guidelines else the application would be rejected.
- All the particulars mentioned on the application form such as name of the candidate, post for which the candidate has applied, educational qualification, category, date of birth, address, email ID, center if examination etc.
- Once filled the candidate will not be allowed to make changes in the application form. Candidates are required to check the details carefully before confirming.
- After submitting the application, the applicant can take a print out and save the application for any future reference.
- Applicants can also take a printout by providing their user ID and password. Applicants are not required to send the application form to the concerned department but keep it safely for any future reference.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released syllabus for TNPSC Group 4 exam 2021 in English and Tamil languages (download pdf in below link) along with the exam pattern. Candidates can download TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021 pdf in Tamil & English medium.
TNPSC group 4 exam will be held on December 6, 2021. To crack it in the first attempt, follow the best practices of TNPSC group 4 preparation strategy along with study plan.
|General English/ General Tamil
TNPSC Group IV exam 2021 comprised 200 objective type questions for 300 marks that tests the candidates proficiency in general aptitude, general studies, and general Tamil/English sections. At least 90 marks needs to score to qualify in the group 4 exam. All sections will be objective in manner and the questions level will be given till SSLC standard.
- Firstly, General studies section has 75 questions in group 4 exam that mainly tests the candidates basic knowledge in various topics such as general science, current events, geography, history, politics, economy, etc.
- Secondly, there will be an aptitude section with 25 objective questions that tests aspirants Aptitude & Mental Ability skills.
- Finally, the important section i.e. General English/General Tamil, which has 100 questions, where students can choose either English or Tamil subjects in group 4 exam. It covers variety of sub topics to test the basic understanding skills of English/Tamil.
The candidates appearing for the exam should be aware of the TNPSC group 4 exam pattern. This will help them fare well in the exam. The exam will be an objective exam with multiple options.
Check out the Best books to crack for the TNPSC 2021 mains exam here
Hope you get the Complete information on the Concept of TNPSC Group 4 Exam Details – Application, Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus. For any query, you can contact us via the comment box. you can share or subscribe to our website for more information on the Other Course details.